A new firmware has been released for our award winning products EF-FX Pro II and EF-FX II.
In addition to adding some lenses to the tested and optimized lens list, we also have fixed a couple of compatibility issues with the X-Trans IV cameras. Please check the details below.
- Added following lenses to the tested and optimized lens list:
- EF 400mm f/2.8L IS II USM
- EF 400mm f/2.8L IS II USM + 1.4X
- EF 400mm f/2.8L IS II USM + 2X
- EF 70-210/3.5-4.5 USM
- Fixed PDAF issues for some lens of the following models: Lens didn’t get recognized by the adapter due to different lens firmware version.
- Sigma 24-105/4 ART
- Fixed a compatibility issue with X-T3 firmware 4.0: under certain circumstances, contrast AF may fail. This issue may also affect other cameras like X-T4 and X-S10.
- Fixed camera freeze issue on cameras equipped with X-Trans IV CMOS. When
- In bright environment,
- Adapting telephoto, ultra-fast or macro lenses,
- Aperture is NOT wide open,
- Subject is far away from current focus point and is so blur that phase detection doesn’t work,
Auto focus may fail. Sometimes, especially when using AF-ON button or touch screen to AF, it may freeze the camera. Even the power switch doesn’t work.
This problem has been fixed. Affected cameras include X-T3 (firmware 2.0 or later), X-T30, X-T4, X-Pro3, X-S10.
As the bug fixes are important, upgrading is highly suggested.