We are glad to anounce that the new firmware (v1.30) is released for Fringer EF-GFX Pro smart adapter. There are many improvements introduced by this version. Please check the release notes for more details.
In additional to ordinary updates like being compatible with more lenses, a new function is added, i.e., in-body vignetting and distortion correction support. The adapter firmware 1.30 has embeded with the correction profile for the following lenses.
- Canon EF 35mm f/1.4L II USM
- Canon EF 40mm f/2.8 STM
- Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 STM
- Canon EF 85mm f/1.2L II USM
- Canon EF 85mm f/1.4 L IS USM
- Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L IS USM
- SIGMA 40mm F1.4 DG HSM A018
- SIGMA 50mm F1.4 DG HSM A014
- SIGMA 70mm F2.8 DG MACRO A018
- SIGMA 85mm F1.4 DG HSM A016
- SIGMA 105mm F1.4 DG HSM A018
- TAMRON SP 35mm F/1.8 Di VC USD F012
- TAMRON SP 45mm F/1.8 Di VC USD F013
- TAMRON SP 85mm F/1.8 Di VC USD F016
Take Sigma40/1.4ART as an example.
The SOOC picture without correction:
The SOOC picture with correction:
Since the lens is designed for 35mm cameras, the vignetting is too strong to be eliminated completely. But it is much improved.
Please visit the official web page to download the firmware file and release notes and update your adapter. Read the release notes or the user's manual carefully to understand how to use the new functions.